OVER DECK ROOF INSULATION
- Suitable slope to be provided to the roof surface towards FAX WAX Mesh Cement a drain to prevent rain water accumulation.
- Surface preparation (level & clean surface) of the roof to be done.
- Waterproofing be done to the roof prior to application of thermal insulation.
- XPS boards ( 50mm thickness) are placed loosely on the roof connecting the ship-laps. Ensure that the joints betveen the rows are staggered.
- A vapour barrier in the form of a 100-120 gsm plastic film is laid over the boards. A 75 mm overlap is given at the edges.
- A 140 gsm geo textile/polyester non-woven cloth is placed on top of the vapour barrier as a separation layer to protect against differential expansion among the various layers. A 75 mm overlap is given at the edges.
- A PVC/Glass Fiber wire mesh is provided as reinforcement above the polyester non-woven separation layer.
- Fiber-reinforced plasticised cement screed generally with a composition of 1:2:4 of Cement:Sand:Stone Aggregate is applied on the PVC wire mesh to cover the surface with the required thickness.
- Cernent screed casting should be done in a lmx 1m panel form wio'n appropriate control joints given to protect against any subsequent thermal expansion-related cracking.
- Tiles can be laid on top of this cement screed surface. This roof is a fully accessible roof.
EXTERNAL WALL INSULATION
- Surface preparation of the wall (leveling with cement plaster & surface cleaning) should be done before application of the XPS boards.
- Special XPS Adhesive Cement is applied ta the XPS Board & the board is thus fixed to the b.ick-concrete wall.
- Holes are drilled through the XPS board to insert the plastic expansion fastener system.
- The surface around the hole is prr.pared to ensure that the plastic fastener face is flu, with the XPS board surface.
- The Plastic fasteners are inserted into the holes & the nails are driven into the fostener to lock them in.
- Special XPS Cement Pkster is applied to X PS surface as a first layer. This surf ace is combed with the screed tool and a fiber mesh is applied as reinforcement.
- An additional layer of XPS Cement Plaster is applied over the fiber mesh to cover it completely.
- Any exterior finish depending on the budget & aesthc:iic preference of the customer can be arpl:ed to the cement screed.
- The Building Exterior looks no different from that of an uninsulated structure.
INTERNAL WALL INSULATION
- Surface preparation of the wall (leveling with cement plaster & surface cleaning) should be done before application of XPS boards.
- Fix XPS boards in a staggered manner with a suitable adhesive or mechanical fasteners/plastics nails.
- Fix the GI framework of the insulated wall with the help of mechanical fasteners recommended by Gypsum board supplier.
- Install Gypsum boards with the help of suitable fasteners as per guidelines of the Gypsum boards manufacturer.
- Any internal finish depending upon the aesthetic preference of the customer can be applied directly on Gypsum boards.